Today is one of those days when I don’t have much to say. Shocking, for me, but it is what it is. Between trying to graciously step out of my current role and starting a new and exciting one Monday, lots of Superbowl meal planning, aiding my best friend in wedding planning antics, Pinterest obsessions (I swear it’s so addicting) and actually trying to get my real work done, my mind just isn’t here. There’s too much going on to think about these brownies, but at least I’ve got pictures and a recipe to do them justice.
I will say this, these “brownies” are fabulous. More like blondies in texture, they are so creamy and sweet, and studded with wonderfully fresh and fruity blueberries. A lovely yet delicate little crust forms on top when they bake, which yields to a chewy interior that tastes only faintly of white chocolate, and more like heaven. Seriously delicious stuff, my friends. I highly recommend making these ASAP… maybe even for your Superbowl celebration this weekend?! They make for a great bite-sized dessert, and are extra cute cut into shapes.
Without further ado, I will let the photos do the talking. Scroll down for the recipe!
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line 9 x 9-inch pan with parchment paper.
1) Whisk the flour, ground almonds and salt to combine.
2) Set a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of lightly simmering water. Add the butter and the chocolate to the bowl, and stir frequently until the ingredients are melted.
3) Add the sugar and whisk to incorporate it, then remove the bowl from the heat. Stir in the vanilla, then add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
4) Sprinkle the dry ingredients over the batter and fold them in until completely incorporated and smooth batter has formed. Add the berries and fold gently to incorporate. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
5) Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cake come out clean. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool to room temperature before removing the brownies from the pan. Cut into squares, or other fun shapes and serve.